There have been more severe thunderstorms than hail events; more wide spread money spent on property damage from severe thunderstorms; and there have been more deaths and injuries caused by severe thunderstorms. However, more money was spent due to hail events damaging crops. Overall there has been more impact across the state from severe thunderstorms, so the hypothesis is rejected.
- Months - Severe thunderstorms and hail events are mostly to occur in May, and June. The greatest number of severe thunderstorms will mostly occur in July.
- Time - When you sleep there is a low chance of thunderstorms or hail events happening. There have been more severe thunderstorms every hour than there are hail events
- Number of Events - There have been more severe thunderstorm events then hail events
- Crop Damage - More money has been spent on crop damage from hail then from severe thunderstorms.
- Property Damage - More money has been spent on property damage from severe thunderstorms than from hail.
- Injuries and Deaths - There were clearly more deaths and injuries from severe thunderstorms than hail.
Hypothesis, Problem, and Purpose
Research Questions and Procedure
Number of Events
Time of Day
Recommendations and References
Thank You Ryan Boyles